People and culture
In the People and Culture team at Black Dog we are working to translate our own world leading workplace mental health research to create a positive, productive, mentally healthy workplace. We want our staff to enjoy coming to work because we believe that a happy, engaged workforce is also the most productive.
Why you should join Team Black Dog
01 Make an Impact
As part of our widely respected and reputable organisation, you will have the ability to contribute to a meaningful cause of helping to improve the mental health of others while working in a workplace that values wellbeing, work life balance and psychological safety.
Our reputation for research excellence and important collaboration with other research and mental health organisations propels us as leaders in the mental health field.
02 Values-based Culture
We encourage diversity and equality and believe that when you feel safe and included, you will be at your most engaged and productive.
Our culture and decisions are guided by our organisational values, which underpin everything we do. They are:
- Compassion: We care for each other. We embrace differences and strengths. We practice empathy.
- Collaboration: We seek and offer openness and meaningful connect. We come from a place of wondering. No one knows everything, together we know a lot.
- Excellence: We invite feedback to continually improve. We create high quality work. We support each other in using our greatest strengths.
- Innovation: We encourage bravery, falling fast, and learning fast. We stretch ourselves and each other to think outside the box. We are focused on solutions.
- Respect: We value diversity of experience and perspectives. We are mindful in our interactions. We are responsive and accountable.
We also follow our own Workplace Mental Health team’s evidence-based strategies to create a holistic wellbeing program. We use our Annual Employee Opinion survey to listen to and analyse the needs of our staff in order to adjust and improve staff experiences. Some of the key things you can look forward to include:
Plus, it looks like we are doing something right!
04 Learning & Development
We are committed to developing our staff by providing opportunities for growth to empower you to achieve your best. Our learning and development framework alongside our online review system, which focuses on ongoing conversations about performance and career progression, will provide you with opportunities to identify personal development and on-the-job training needs and solutions. You will also be given many opportunities to develop important skills with an emphasis on personal resilience, self-care, leadership and management.
We understand the importance of training and as an organisation, we ensure time is allocated for mentoring, workshops, conferences, eLearning and more.
Marian Spencer Head of Operations People and Culture
"As part of the passionate and collegial team at Black Dog you will be contributing to the translation of innovative research into services and programs that are creating mentally healthier lives for all."
If you would like to enquire about working at Black Dog, please contact our Operations Team via email.