Coronavirus: Resources for anxiety, stress & wellbeing
Feelings of anxiety are common in the uncertainty of COVID-19. Black Dog Institute's tools and resources can be accessed by anyone, anywhere to help deal with this stress.
If you are looking for ways to look after your mental health, the below list of evidence-based tools and resources for you and your community with anxiety, stress and mental wellbeing to help settle the mind.
For official updates on COVID-19, please refer to the Federal Department of Health and your state or territory Health Department.
- 'Some anxiety can be helpful': How to manage your COVID-19 fears (Sydney Morning Herald, 17 March 2020)
- Screen time can help with behavioural changes in kids during isolation (Kidspot, 2 April 2020)
- How to get a better night's sleep during Coronavirus (Black Dog Institute, 3 April)
- During COVID-19, you can exercise your way to better mental health (Black Dog Institute, 7 April)
- Online Clinic | Free online mental health assessment tool for people over the age of 18
- myCompass | Personalised self-help tool for your mental health
- Headspace | Guided-meditation app
Information and resources
- Anxiety information | Symptoms, causes and treatments
- 10 tips for managing Anxiety during Coronavirus | Practical strategies to help you cope
- Self-care planning fact sheet and templates | Learn how to build your own daily self-care plan
- Weekly personal mental health check-in fact sheet and templates | Learn how to check-in on yourself
- Clinical resources | Anxiety, bipolar disorder, depression, PTSD, wellbeing
- 'Mindfulness in everyday life' fact sheet
- 'Quick relaxation techniques' fact sheet
- Guided meditation videos
- Reassuring young people about the unknown | Information for parents and carers during COVID-19
- Supporting young people | Information for Teachers & Counsellors during COVID-19
Digital tools for young people
- Mental health toolkit | Downloadable PDF with a variety of information and resources about mental health at work
Resources for patients
- Psychological toolkit | Downloads and resources ranging a number of mental health conditions
- Online Clinic | Online mental health assessment tool for patients 18+ ranging multiple conditions and disorders
Resources and guides
- Understanding and managing health anxiety | Free online webinar
- Community of Practice | Portal for health professionals to access educational resources, forums and to network with peers
- Online self-care for doctors | Webinar offering online resources and strategies for managing stress
As a nation we are facing an extraordinary time – with many of us feeling unsettled and uncertain as we work together to stop the spread of COVID-19. While we are keeping physically distant, it is more important than ever that we remain socially and emotionally connected.
In response to the current crisis, The National Mental Health Commission has come together with mental health organisations, experts and leaders to launch #InThisTogether – a national conversation that everyone can join in on, sharing practical tips online to support the mental health and wellbeing of Australians during COVID-19. Find out more and get involved here.