Building resilience to workplace stress
An organisation wide program that will suit every employee in the business helping them to build resilience in stressful situations.
While moderate stress can be a productive and motivating factor in the workplace, research shows us that chronic high levels of stress can have a significant impact on both mental and physical health.
We know from research that the most common causes of workplace stress are the quality of the relationships we have with our peers and managers, and how we manage conflict within those relationships; how we manage change; and factors within our role such as control/demand and role clarity.
This practically focussed, interactive, face to face workshop is delivered by an experienced clinician to a group of up to 25 participants. The program is modular, with each module taking 1 hour to deliver, and will include case studies and contextualised activities created in consultation with your organisation. To maximise impact and effect, it is recommended that this program is supported by our online Mindfulness program.
Core Module: Understanding workplace stress, 1 hour
- understand what stress is and its impact on performance
- identify key stressors in the workplace
- understand your individual stress signature
Module: Relationships at work, 1 hour
- identify the qualities of good working relationships
- understand conflicting work and communication styles and how to navigate them
- develop assertive communication skills and understand how positive feedback loops contribute to strong, resilient relationships
Module: Dealing with change, 1 hour
- understand the effect and impact of uncertainty and how to manage it
- develop cognitive flexibility to shift rigid beliefs to flexible, real world thoughts
- practise mindfulness to disrupt rumination and bring attention to the present
Module: Working smarter, 1 hour
- prioritise work through the implementation of a decision priority matrix
- understand and apply a problem solving and coping skills framework to workplace issues
- apply the five ways to wellbeing to the workplace, audit current activity and create an action plan
All Black Dog Institute workplace programs are:
- Research-informed | All that we do is based in research and science. Every program detail is informed by current, proven research which has been translated into impacting and effective education resources.
- Fully customised | No two businesses are the same, nor should they be treated as such. Working with you, we will adapt our programs to your business needs and training budget.
- Expert run | Your program will be run by a fully qualified facilitator. Our national network of experienced organisational training facilitators are mental health clinicians with practical experience and the right qualifications.
This program is best for all team members
|2, 3 or 4 hours|
|Interactive facilitated workshops|
Find out more information about this program including pricing and time schedules