With a busy workload, it can be difficult to fit exercise into your day. But a regular exercise routine can boost your work performance, improving your cognition, mental flexibility and memory while reducing stress and anxiety.
As little as one hour a week can help you to think faster on your feet and increase your focus.
Simple ways to boost physical activity in your work day:
- Choose to stand up on public transport for all or some of the journey or get off a few stops early and walk part of the way
- Try walking or standing meetings
- Get away from your desk during lunch and get outside for a walk. If it’s raining, see if a local gym is open as a quick session is likely to give you the cognitive boost you need for the afternoon
- Schedule regular breaks every hour for a quick 5-minute stretch
- Download our workplace toolkit for additional tips & resources
GET THE WORKPLACE TOOLKIT
Fill out the below form to download our workplace toolkit.
Fields designated with a * are required